This extension pushes standard eCommerce information – GA4 Commerce and UA Enhanced eCommerce compatible – to GTM Data Layer. Once this information is available in your GTM workspace you can plug in and use any tool available, even if you are unsure which tool you need or would like to use.
GTM setup can be cumbersome and time-consuming – this extension comes with packaged presets for 4 main tools in the market that allow you to set up and run the integration in few simple steps without creating every single GTM Variable and Trigger yourself.
Google Tag Manager for WooCommerce integrates your WooCommerce shop with a GTM container. It can work with existing GTM installation and allows injecting the GTM snippets in the settings.
The plugin allows to optionally embed GTM snippets
The extension starts to work without any additional installation. Once it is activated and GTM is embedded in the website, it starts to emit eCommerce events to the GTM dataLayer. Those events are compatible with the newest GA4 format but can be adapted to different tools, including UA and Facebook Pixel.
eCommerce data in GA4
eCommerce funnel in Universal Analytics
From there, virtually any integration can be achieved through GTM and the same data from your shop can be sent out to any analytical or optimization tool.
But to make it easier, the extension comes with packaged GTM presets that can be imported into GTM workspace to enable dataflow to specific tool in few simple steps without creating every single GTM Tag, Variable, and Trigger manually.
Packaged GTM preset imported in few simple steps
That’s it. With the help of the extension and packaged presets, you can start analyzing and optimizing your WooCommerce shop in almost no time.
Real-time GA4 eCommerce events
See our documentation for the list of all supported events.
- A single extension to install that captures and emits all required eCommerce events
- Virtually any analytical and optimization tool can be integrated via GTM in order to improve WooCommerce sales
- Build full end-to-end integration with selected tools (Google Analytics GA4 and UA, Facebook Pixel, Google Ads) with a few simple clicks thanks to packaged GTM presets
- Supports legally required user consent before sending out any data out (requires manual setup)
- Ensures data consistency – data won’t be sent twice thanks to streamlined integration